Featured post

New Seasons Blog

I am no longer posting to this Blog, please visit the 2016/17 seasons Blog is available ramblingwithal2.blogspot.com The new seasons sched...

Wednesday 13 January 2016

A Walk From Home

Todays walk took me to familiar territory and along part of the Rio Pereilas running in the valley outside of Coin. The weather started off about average for a January in Southern Spain around 7c but by the end of nearly two and a half hours of walking the temperature had risen considerable to a more springlike level.
This walk takes me along an unusually well maintained acequia track and then down a typical campo track towards the river. The last 100 mtrs or so of this track drops steeply to the banks of the river. It is then a battle with the overhanging cane and along a very narrow path above the river. This used to be quite a well trodden path but the floods in 2010 and subsequent rain washed the bank away leaving a precariously narrow path, but this soon opens out onto a track that is used by the lorries taking the gravel from the river bed to it's destination.
The track follows the river, and passes through Eucalyptus woods and banks covered in tall cane.
I turn off the track along the river at what is known by local ex-pats as the Toblerone bridge, due to its triangular shape, and onto a rural raod for about 100 metres uphill until the junction with end of the acequia track that I started on. I follow this winding along the contour of the irrigation canal until I reach the typically badly repaired tarmac track rising towards the main track, I cross this and along another unmade camino until it almost touches the side of the newly opened final stretch of the A355. I then leave the tracks and cross a field with a track used by the olive pickers, this track has two very steep banks, but it is marginally easier to use the goat tracks alongside. Then it's onto the new bridge across the A355 and home.

I hope that you have enjoyed my first attempt at this Blog, It is my intention to add a lot more pictures of the walking routes in future.


No comments:

Post a Comment